Call for Papers for the 29th International Photovoltaic Science and Engineering Conference (PVSEC29) and the 18th China Photovoltaic Conference (CPVC18)
The International Photovoltaic Science and Engineering Conference (PVSEC) is a renowned academic conference in the world of PV industry. Initiated and founded by the International Photovoltaic Advisory Committee in 1984, the purpose of PVSEC is to realize the full coverage of industrial chain from PV technologies, market research, promotion and application, systematic engineering, etc. the PVSEC, together with the IEEE Photovoltaic Specialist Conference, and the European Photovoltaic Conference, are dubbed as the three most prestigious PV conferences worldwide.
The PVSEC is one of the influential, authoritative and professional conferences in the global PV industry. It will not only provide specialists, policymakers and commentators with an opportunity to discuss and share the best practices and solutions in the global energy field, but also serve as a platform to showcase and share the latest achievements of solar energy PV technology for academic exchange on PV science and technology as well as applications.
The CPVC, organized and hosted by the China Renewable Energy Society Photovoltaic Committee, is a conference with a history of almost 40 years. The conference is dedicated to the academic exchanges of PV technologies and applications, and has since become the most influential and authoritative conference with the longest history in China's PV industry as well as an indicator for the development of the PV industry. The keynote of the conference is academic exchanges, exchange of insights and ideas, analysis and summary of the latest research developments and achievements, clarification of upcoming crucial fields and technological frontiers, exploration of international cooperation space, and the promotion of more extensive PV technological development in China.
The PVSEC29 & CPVC18 will be jointly organized and sponsored by the China Renewable Energy Society Photovoltaic Committee , Shaanxi Normal University and Xi'an Jiaotong University, and will be held from November 4th to 8th, 2019 in Xi’an, Shanxi. This event will invite domestically and internationally prestigious experts to give the keynote report and conference report, and prepare a whole variety of technological communication activities such as thematic forums and expert dialogue. It is the most important event in PV technologies of China in 2019.
I. Academic exchange topics
Advanced Concepts and New Emerging Materials for Future PV
Jiang Tang, Xu Pan
Perovskite Solar Cells
Xiaodan Zhang, Shengzhong Liu, Hiroshi Segawa, Sang Il Seok
Organic Solar Cells
Jianhui Hou, Feng Gao
Thin Film Compound Semiconductor PV
Xiangxin Liu, Yi Zhang, Shigeru Niki， James Sites
III-V Compound Semiconductor and Concentrator and Space PV Technologies
Nuofu Chen, Qiang Sun, Nicholas Ekins-Daukes
Silicon Material and Silicon Chip Technology
Deren Yang, Yuepeng Wan, Noritaka Usami, Christian Reimann
Crystalline Silicon Solar Cell and Tandem Solar Cell
Dengyuan Song, Zhengguo Li, Makoto Konagai, Martin Green
Thin Film, IBC and HIT Solar Cells
Zhengxin Liu, Pierre J. Verlinden
TOPCon Solar Cell
Hui Shen, Hao Jin, Rensheng Liu, Daniel Macdonald
Performance and Reliability of PV Modules
Zhiqiang Feng, Zhen Zhang, Atsushi Masuda, Sarah Kurtz
PV Systems and BOS Components
Haitao Liu, Yonggang Shao, Yuzuru Ueda, Farnung, Boris
System Integration and Smart Grid
Yibo Wang, Luciano Martini
PV Energy Storage and New types of Application
Huamin Zhang, Xianfeng Li, Wei Wang
PV Market Policy and Finance
Sicheng Wang, Izumi Kaizuka
II. Requirements for papers
(I) Requirements for submission:
1. Concrete detail, novelty, rich academic research value, representative of the latest research development in PV field
2. The paper shall contain no confidential information. All responsibilities and consequences related to any accidental or non-accidental disclosure of confidential information shall be solely borne by the paper’s author.
3. The paper shall be submitted by uploading to the official conference website (www.pvsec-29.com). Only the English version will be accepted. Uploading is unavailable before registration and logging in.
4. The paper’s theme for interaction shall be selected with a prescribed scope. Each paper shall be provided with a 150-200-words short abstract and a 2-3 pages long abstract. The format of the paper shall follow the Word format used in the long abstract.
5. The paper’s long abstracts will be reviewed by the steering committee before being accepted. The interaction of papers for this conference has two presentation forms: Oral report paper and poster paper. With consideration of the author’s personal choice, the steering committee of the conference will decide the interactive pattern for each paper.
(II) Requirements for drafting the long abstract for the paper (with reference to the long abstract format)
1. Requirements for content: must contain research background, core content, brief introduction of process, result and discussion, conclusion, reference and relevant diagrams and tables.
2. Requirements for headline: font size 20, centered, bold Times (English/number), the headline shall be concise and accurate. Acronyms are not encouraged. In general, the headline shall not exceed 20 words.
3. Requirements for abstract, keywords and main body formats: font size 11 Times (English/number), the long abstract shall be about two pages in roughly 2000 words.
4. Author’s name: under the headline, centered, font size 10, bold Times New Roman (English/number). The name of the first author must be underlined.
5. Author’s organization: The author’s organization shall be written in full name under the author’s name, centered, font size 10 Times New Roman (English/number)
6. Author’s brief introduction: please mention the corresponding author’s name in the abstract, the research direction, E-mail and other information, use font size 6.
7. Reference: font size small 5, Times New Roman (English/number), use the following formats: [periodical], according to the following order: author, year, name of periodical, volume number, starting page number, e.g.  Shahverdiev E M, Shore K A 2005 Phys. Rev. E 71 016201; [monograph], according to the following order: author, year, book name, edition number (city of publishing: publisher), page numbers of the starting page and ending page, e.g.  Bloembergen N 1965 Nonlinear Optics (New York: Benjamin) p12
(III) Copyright Notice
The long abstract is purported for promoting academic interaction. This conference will apply the form of “paper abstract collection,” covering all the long abstracts that meet the conference interaction requirements for communication purpose. This collection is not related to the copyrights of collected papers.
For those papers, of which the long abstracts are assessed as excellent, the conference will recommend the full paper to <Acta Energiae Solaris Sinica> for publication (the publication fees shall be borne by the author). If the paper is accepted by <Acta Energiae Solaris Sinica>, it will also be available for retrieval in China Core Journal Alternative Database, CNKI, China Academic Journal (CD ver.), and China Science and Technology Journal Database.
This conference will present the award for excellent paper. Through the assessment and appraisal by the conference academic committee, excellent papers will be singled out from the oral papers and poster papers. The winner will be honored with both certificate and monetary reward.
Note: all the authors of the papers being awarded as the excellent papers need to submit the full paper.
III. Important schedule:
Deadline for submission: July 20, 2019
Acceptance notice: September 15, 2019
Announcement of conference procedure: October 15, 2019